Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 and beyond...


Yet another year is upon us, as we start another decade. Much like our own birthdays... every time a year rolls around we stop and reflect, we look back at the year and think of all the events and experiences we had and look forward to a fresh new start.

So, as Earth celebrates another birthday and as we say goodbye to one decade, pressing onward towards a new one...let's reflect, let's look back and see what we've been through and what we've learned both on a global and personal level. I hope that we will cherish the good times we've had, pat ourselves on the back for the major and not so major accomplishments we've achieved, and most of all learn from our mistakes and the mistakes of others and not repeat what history has taught us...

For the coming year and the new decade we are entering, I have very few things to ask for. I hope to find peace both internally and for our fellow man as well. I hope to live with eyes open to see the wonders each day has in store for us, and to witness the events as they unfold in the world. I hope mankind will learn to be a bit more compassionate and to rely on love more often, I hope for an outbreak of kindness around the world (as a friend said the other day). And most importantly I hope we can all do our part as individuals as well as a unit to make this little blue planet of ours a better place for our future generation...

I wish you all a Happy New year and a prosperous decade ahead. Enjoy yourselves tonight, don't drink too much.... then again...why not? Go ahead knock yourselves out I know I will, there will be lots of drinking and a downpour of tears in our home tonight, both happy and sad...

Peace my friends!
Love and Joy to accompany...


So...tell us what do you hope for in 2010 and beyond...?

13 comments:

  1. I wish for you peace and joy that will come to you as the days unfold.

    For me, I am looking towards more change, more evolving, more peace, more acceptance and the chance to share at every opportunity.

    Sending you hugs and raising a glass (or two!) to wish you a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much love and good wishes for a new year full of promise and blessings. So happy we have crossed paths and look forward to getting to know you even better in 2010!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. you inspire me ..blessings for a year of wonderful peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mari,
    Bless you and thank you for sharing your love, grace, dignity and courage....you have been a huge inspiration to me this year.

    Much Love,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new year, a new decade. I'm wishing you love, serenity and lots of fun in the kitchen in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marin jan Happy New Year to you and your family. Hope 2010 will be fun and healthy year for your family. love always, ELEN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful reflection on the New Year. I'm not there yet...but am glad to have you and your blog to share the year with! Blessings Marinik!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wishing you the best this coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning sweet pea... I'm late in getting here but better late than never. I love your perspective, but most of all love the picture of the margarita! Happy New Year, hugs and love... Ali.

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy new year, my dear friend.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great post! happy new year! xo kitty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marin,

    I really admire your inner strength, and by that I mean honestly facing your feelings and being true to them, and faithfully going through them, and doing whatever it takes to keep growing, and feeling the peace that comes with it. I love you, and I pray that all the peace you desire gradually descends upon u. And that you really feel it. Love u,
    Nairy

    ReplyDelete