Friday, June 5, 2009

Crayons for coloring?

Who says crayons are just for coloring..... our 13 year old creates some amazing art but, prefers just a sharp pencil and whatever paper that's available at the time. He however has found another way of creating with his old crayons, he's been doing this since 2nd grade.


After carefully removing the wrapper... he carves the crayons with his fingernails (no wonder he protests every time I ask to cut his nails)..... and creates these amazing little "weapons" for his action figures.
BRILLIANT RIGHT??

way to "color outside the lines" Rob.
thought I'd share... (am I gloating??? oops :) hey, proud mama here...

love and peace!

5 comments:

  1. Very creative!!!
    Seriously, this artistic gene is very strong, wouldn't you say? I have to send you some of Hyeg's latest art... He constantly amazes me with his creations...

    I am yet another proud mama!!!

    Love,
    Aniko

    ReplyDelete
  2. leave a child to come up with these ideas! im so happy for you! im proud of him too! yeayyyyyy!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'd never seen crayon-carved art before. That's serious creativity! reason to be proud...

    Love,
    Nairy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I would never have thought of it.

    ReplyDelete